12 June 2017

Day 2 - Hard Work and a Lesson

So day two brought along lots of sunshine ... and lots of bugs.
After breakfast we began working on a construction project for the Pastor's house. We dug out a two by twelve-ish feet trough to about two feet deep and then another hole that was five feet by five feet and probably about five feet dep as well. Additionally we mixed up concrete to stabilize some poles for the roof.
I have never seen a group of people work as hard as we did today. Everyone was sweating and working their tails off in the heat and the humidity.

And everyone had smiles on their faces.

I had the opportunity to practice more of my Spanish and to learn more words and remember others. I've really enjoyed refreshing my Spanish. It's been awesome to be able to talk to the pastor's wife. Between her broken English and my broken Spanish we manage to communicate. And it's all without the use of google translate!

We had the chance to walk into town this evening for dinner. I always enjoy getting to see the local community. It was fun walking around and seeing all of the signs for stores and advertisements.
As always the food today was incredible. I seriously want the recipe for the rice and beans we eat each morning.

At our team meeting this evening, Daniel asked us how we've seen God yesterday or today. He reminded us of the story of Moses and God after the Ten Commandments. God told the Israelites that he would send angels with them to the promise land but that he wouldn't go with them. Moses replied to God that if his presence wasn't with them then he didn't want to go.
This story reminded me of a song I sang at a YWAM worship service. The chorus basically reiterates that thought. "If your presence goes I don't want to stay. If your presence stays I don't want to go."
Daniel encouraged us to look for God during this trip - each day. He will show up!

No comments:

Post a Comment