10 December 2019

Challenge: accepted?

I've been fortunate enough to attend and present at several secondary technology conferences.

This year, I also presented, but then had the opportunity to sit in several sessions and learn from my colleagues.

I using blogging as a way to practice writing in my classroom, so I attended a session about blogging.  From the beginning of the session, I was challenged to blog - not just once in a while, but every.day.

I hummmmmed for a little bit and then thought that maybe I start with one.
I start with today.

So, I am blogging for today.

I don't know if it will continue every day, but today, I can check the box.




I'm always inspired at these conferences - always.
The problem comes when I walk away afterward and I think - "okay, how can I implement this into my classroom while also continuing to teach the curriculum?"
And despite my good intentions, I always end up hitting roadblocks and the passion and inspiration fizzle out.

So how do we do this? How do we incorporate all of these really cool technology resources that engage students, but take time to learn and implement them into my classroom, while also teaching them how to be good people (show empathy, etc)?

How does it work in this age of testing and scores and achievement and time is money, blah blah blah? How?

I don't know.


But I'm willing to find out.
Each day is a new opportunity. It starts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment